Tuesday, July 7, 2015

Sharing My Poems

In my mind my poetry is for my family and friends. In the spirit of this thought, I am going to publish it in this blog, a poem at a time. I hope the individual poems may speak to the individuals in this group, perhaps a person at a time. They will be in no special order, but all have been written since I've come to Maine.


                                         The Fashion of Belfast Bay


What colors will she choose today?
I have never seen a woman
wear so many clothes.
She changes from pastel pink and yellow
chiffon peignoir
to azure blue with white lace.
Later, a morning dress of
crinkled crepe, herring gull-gray
with parasol of black filigree
shows her mysterious side.

In the afternoon she frolics
in a dotted Swiss to flirt with
all those admiring sailor boys.  Ah, coquette!
Cocktails she takes in a stunning
sheath of purple, gold, and occidental red.
Late dinner in blue-crushed velvet.

Hush now. Hold your breath,
for underneath the moonlight she waits for you
wearing nothing but diamonds.





No comments:

Post a Comment